Monday, January 10, 2011
Lalita Sahasranama # 469
1) vamo (=vananiyo) devah, tasyeyam vamadevi
She is the wife of Vamadeva
The word vama according to this interpretation , means 'to be worshiped'
2) Vamena (bhagena) divayati iti, vamadeva, tadabhinna
One who shines by the left side. The form 'ardhanarisvara' is referred here.
3) vamadeva (=sadasiva vyuhantargatah murti visesah) tasyeyam
She is the wife of Vamadeva who is one of the forms, vyuha of Sadasiva as described in SivP
4) vama (sundari) ca sa devi ca
She who is beautiful Goddess
5) vamanam (=karmaphalanam) devi (=adhisthatri)
She is the main Goddess of fruits of actions
6) vamanam (=vamacare ratanam) devi
She who is the Goddess of followers of Vamacara
This is because the KalikaP says that the worshiper ever devoted to that path is called vama.
7) The Goddess is called Vamadevi because she is pleased with the path (the vamamarga)