Friday, October 9, 2009

Lalita Sahasranama # 10

We are still talking about her weapons!

Manorupeksukothanda

mana eva rupam yasya tadrsam- iksurupam kodandam yasyah sa

She is possessed of the Sugarcane bow of mind

This one talks about what she is holding in her upper left hand. She holds a bow which personifies the mind characterized by both Sankalpa and Vikalpa.

The mind has two functions 1) the mind desires to join thoughts into concepts and theories (sankalpa) and the other one is 2) minds function of rejecting thoughts which helps in simplifying and limiting our experience through our senses (Vikalpa).

So, I seek your blessing to invade my mind with the good and destroy the bad! When I say my prayers for the day I surrender myself and my thought and speech and everything done by me that day to her and it becomes her doing, by doing this we can stop accruing karma.

Hopefully this should help reduce my karmic load and help me with reduction in the number of births...could this be my last one?

I see her smiling :)

In Lalita!

No comments:

Post a Comment