Saturday, October 3, 2009

Lalita Sahasranama # 4

It is Namavali # 4 and here the Lalitophakayana start to discuss about her emergence from:

Cidagnikuntasambuta

1) Cidevaagnikuntam tatra samyak bhuta - Cidagnikuntasambuta

Cid= pure Bramhan and Bramhan is the altar of the fire as he dispels the darkness of avidya (ignorance) by initiating "cit" (consciousness)

2) Agnikuntam eva cit tasya kundat sammbuta

She is the conqueror of ignorance = Ajajetri
She is the forest fire to the forest of sins= Paparanyadavanala

The divine mother manifested from the fire-pit of supreme knowledge.

According to Lalitopakhyanam, Mahasambu ordered all the gods to gather to conduct this MahaYajna and from the fire of that yagna manifested Lalita, hence cidagnikuntasambuta.

In my Humble opinion, I believe that she in fact does bring clarity through surrender. And surrender is made possible when that avidya that you control everything is conquered. She has indeed done her job in making me realize day by day how much control I have, right now zip, zero, nada....

Having moved back to India two months ago, I am still trying to land a job and every time I feel ah! there is the light at the end of the tunnel, the delusion about the tunnel and the light is revealed. So to believe that I control anything seems to be rather lame...so I have given up on trying to land the job and have left it to her albeit with a lot of resistance...

Nobody claimed that surrender was that easy!

In Lalita!

No comments:

Post a Comment