Monday, October 12, 2009

Lalita Sahasranama # 13

Champakashokapunnagasaugandhikalasatkaja

Chamapakashokapunnagadi Saugandhikani taih lasantah kacah yasya sa

She whose hair is adorned with the Fragrant flowers of Champaka, asoka Punnaga etc

We were treated to her radiance in the earlier slokas, now we get to hear about her description. LSN Starts with the head. Since head is the Vagbhav Kuta and the first Kuta of the Panchadasi mantra.

Campaka has very special significance in my life. Growing up in R.A. Puram, Sambandam street, we had 2 champaka trees.One was in the front and the other one was on the side. It was an effort to get the flowers and my grandmother, mother and I used to go to the top of the house and use the tool to hook the branches and get the flowers to offer during Puja at home.

Campaka was my mom favorite flower and I everytime I see champaka being sold on the streets I smile thinking of my mom! I guess it is an all person favorite - My own mom's and my Universal Mom's too!

oh! how I miss my mother! No words can describe it....It is a feeling that overwhelms so often and the pain is felt deep in the heart....I know that she is up there looking out for me..She was a person who never pitied herself...she always took the world on! Amma, I need to let go of these shackles of self pity and keep marching forward. Bless me now and always!

Love ya!

In Lalita!



No comments:

Post a Comment