Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lalita Sahasranama # 9

We are looking at Namavali # 9

Krodhaankarankushojjvala

Krodhah aakarah yasya sa= krodhaakrah, sa casau ankusaca krodhakarankusah ten ujjvala

She who shines holding the elephant hook in her lower left hand
The word Krodha(wrath) is one of the mental modifications, i.e., hatred. The word akara would mean savisayakam jnanam and is used in the sense of knowledge.

I was told that the goad or the elephant nook is nudge you to let go of your ego and that is why it is one of the classical weapons most gods carry...life is about letting go of the "I". It is very easy to do while writing because many time it is IMPLIED that anything that is being done is being done by ME....so to give up the I ...it is a hard days work, everyday, for the rest of one's life...

She can have all the weapons to get you to look into yourself, however, the time should have come for you to be asking the right questions, to getting the right guru to dispel the myth about "I" or "me".

There have been many Gurus in my life and I am certain I will meet many more....I am hoping that each of them will do a little bit of good in making me realize that the facade I wear is just an illusion and make me a better person. I am going to try too...to make me that better person..and folks...all of you can help me too!

In Lalita!


No comments:

Post a Comment