Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lalita Sahasranama # 2

After knowing her as Sri Mataa, now I am gonna look at:

Sri MahaRajni - Sri Yukta Maha Rajni

She is the great ruler, She is considered as the controller and maintainer of the universe.

The three letters of Srividya are contained in this name . One of them is Sodasi (Srim) and the remaining two letters,i.e., a and ha are called Prakasa (Illumination) and Vimarsa (reflection) respectively. Rajni, the part of Maharajni contains the mantra Mayarajni.

(lalita Sahasranama - L.M. Joshi)

Sodasi Mantra - Ka ae e la hrim, Ha Sa Ka La Hrim, Sa Ka La Hrim (Pancha-dasakshari) Srim (Sodasi)

Prakasa and Vimarsa go hand in hand, one cannot reflect unless there is illumination. She is the giver of illumination

Also Tamopaha: She is the destroyer of darkness in the form of nescience. Thus she is a LAMP in the darkness - Ajnanadvantadipika.

There are so many things that I am unaware of, however, I am going to try and make more sense of these 1000 names...I was telling my friend yesterday, everyday brings in few questions about life maybe the name that I am learning for that day may illumine the answer!

I leave it to her.

In Lalita!


No comments:

Post a Comment