Saturday, October 3, 2009

Lalita Sahasranama # 5

Today we are gonna talk about the purpose of her genesis.

5) Devakaryasamudyata

Devanam Karyani = Devakaryani, tadartham samudyata

Manifested herself for fulling the acts of the gods

She manifested herself in order to slay the asuras Bhandasura and Mahisasura.

As mentioned in Lalita Sahasranama # 4 - When the devas were in a State of disarray, they decided to collectively seek Mahasambu's guidance on how to slay the demons Bhanda and Mahisasura.

Mahasambu having heard their pleas tells them that ONLY Lalita can save you all and gives a string of instructions to follow.

So, when she manifests herself from the Cidagnikuntam she does to help all the Devas hence Devakarya Samudyata.

So if Bhandasura is considered one's EGO, she will manifest to help one get rid of their egos by destroying ignorance through initiating consciousness or cid.

In my life I am not sure whether I will be able to let go of my ego without her hand holding...I guess she also needs to become Mamakaryasamudyta..meaning she needs to manifest to fulfill my acts as well....

It shall become evident soon...

In Lalita



No comments:

Post a Comment