Saturday, October 10, 2009

Lalita Sahasranama # 11

11) Panchatanmatrasayaka

Pancha Tanmatrani eva sayaka yasya sa

She who is holding the arrows of the five subtle elements

The five subtle elements are her five arrows, and they are rasa (taste), rupa(form), sabda (sound), sparsa (touch) and gandha (smell).

The names of the Lalita Sahasranama 8- 11 is significant since it has Ayudhamantras. Ragasva of Ragasvarupapasadya can be split as Ra+aga+sva where AGA means Sthanu which is Siva and Ha is Siva's letter. The lexicon declares that Ha means Siva, Sthanu and the Sky. Thereafter Sva stands of i with the bindu. So the subtle form of the pasa is the bija formed by these three letters ra, ha and i. Ra always follows Ha and with i it becomes HRIM

Similarly Krodhakara can be split into Kro + dha+ akrodha and word kara is connected to each unit of the compound. Anukusa would be Anusvara. And the bija mantra would be Krom, dham and am.

In Manorupeksukondanda Manas means dham as Kosa describes , tha means the lord of the right nostril and mind and Kodanda is anusvara as declared by the lexicon. So dham would be danurbijam.

Thus from 8-11 we can derive dam, ram, kam, lam, yam, sam, vam and am, tim, um. These letters when combined according to the rule give bija of the mantras of weapon. The five banabijas (arrow-mantras) are dram, drim, klim, blum and sah.

Well....this is a rather complicated name and the derivations of bija mantras are very interesting!

I know that I have been taking her for granted too...and she has been keeping me on a leash (her noose!) I have never doubted her presence in MY life. She has been there in many forms. My friend Mathy always said, "you do not know how lucky you are!" so true those words are..I never was at a loss for people in my life, she always sent the right person the right time...I should have the jnana to see her in these people...Hope that I realize that every time.

She has been kind, caring, loyal and has never given up on me...so could I ask for a better friend and mother? Well, the fact that she has blessed me with so many things that in itself shows her presence....

I believe in you and I know you won't give up on me!

In Lalita!









No comments:

Post a Comment